Scholastic Art and Writing Awards is a national content administered at the local level. Prizes and scholarships are awarded nationally and locally. Some winners will also be awarded publication and public exhibition. Find your local contest by entering your zip code. Then follow instructions to enter:
- Register online at https://www.artandwriting.org/Login
- Upload your work. You will need a teacher’s email address.
- Send in forms and fees. Each submission requires a $5.00 fee. Fee waivers are available for students for whom the fee would create a barrier for entry. Teachers will submit fees for all class submissions at the same time.
Submit your art in a variety of categories within Art and Writing. Deadline is January 6, 2016.
- Ceramics & Glass
- Comic Art
- Digital Art
- Drawing and Illustration
- Editorial Cartoon
- Film & Animation
- Mixed Media
- Video Games
- Art Portfolio (seniors only) *
- Critical Essay
- Dramatic Script
- Flash Fiction
- Novel Writing
- Personal Essay/Memoir
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Short Story
- Writing Portfolio (seniors only) *
In 2016, the Oregon counties of Washington, Clackamas, Multnomah and Central Oregon are participating. In 2017, the entire state will be eligible to participate.